jueves, abril 09, 2020

The Invisible Depredator


And the world had to stop for me to realize that my anxiety, my stress, and my anguish never came from the outside, but from the inside. The outdoors was a gift, a relief, and a distraction to my inner demons, which I used to leave at home in order to face the immediate, the tangible, and the exterior every day.

Now without the out-of-doors, there’s only this in-journey where my demons become as physical as a boxing fight while the authenticity of the exterior fades into a surrealistic novel that no one ever wanted to write, but we are all reading in the news and social media.

And is in this weird mixture of what we once thought was real and unreal that genuine transformation emerges. If while those people in the exterior fight The Invisible Depredator, we -the indoors- open the inner doors to face the confined demons in us, our home and our relationships with others we will be ready to walk into a new era… one in which people will understand that our enemy has never been what’s out of us – the outside, The Other - but our own incapacity to let those demons out of quarantine and put them down in the hands of a stronger Invisible Depredator: courage.

No hay comentarios.: